48 Hour Taper Candle
Originally referred to as a “Courting Candle” in the seventeen hundreds. When a suitor would call on a young lady the young ladies father would feed a measure of the beeswax coil candle through the unique self-extinguishing clip and light the candle. When the candle reached the clip and was extinguished it was time for the young man to go home!
- Self-extinguishes when the flame reaches the clip
- Each inch burns approximately 20 minutes (feed 3 inches up for an hour)
- This candle will burn approximately 80 hours
- Made from beeswax with a cotton wick
- Metal copper tone stand with a sleek, elegant wick holder
- Unique design that is both rustic and innovative